mid 13th century: on the northern edge of the dominion of the Lords of Hradec the village of Lhota was established as part of a program of colonization.
1465 First written evidence of the existence of a fortress in Lhota. Petr of Zásmuk obtained the fortress in Lhota as inheritance from his father Ctibor.
before 1530 Diviš Boubínský of Újezd listed as the owner of the Lhota fortress.
ca. 1530 Lhota bought by the knightly family Káb of Rybňan.
1542-1555 Jan Kába had the old fortress rebuilt in Renaissance style as designed by the Italian builder Hons Vlach.
1555 The name Nová Lhota (New Lhota) appeared for the first time.
1557 Castle chapel of the Holy trinity was founded.
1597 Nová Lhota bought by Vilém Rut of Dírná, thus integrating the dominia of Dírná and Deštná.
1602 First historic mention of the name Červená Lhota (Red Lhota), from the new red plaster.
- 1621 Červená Lhota was confiscated from the Ultraquist Rut family and occupied by the Empirical Knight Antonio Bruccio. Spas in Deštná were established during his residence.
- 1635 Castle chapel newly consecrated and gained the status of a filial church.
- 1639 Bruccio died without an heir, the dominion fell to the Provincial Royal Chamber.
- 1641 Lhota bought by Vilém Slavata of Chlum and Košumberk, the highest chancellor of the Czech Kingdom and owner of the Hradec dominion.
- 1658-1678 The former fortress was reconstructed into a Baroque castle, used as a summer castle. The decorative interior design of the newly-conceptualized first floor is partly the work of I. Cometta and G.G. Tencalla.
- 1693 Slavata family died out by the sword, the castle passed in marriage to the family of Windischgrätz.
- 1755 The Austrian noble family of Franz de Paul of Gudenus bought the indebted Červená Lhota properties.
- 1774 The castle's administrative and harvest storage buildings were destroyed by a great fire. The castle itself remained untouched.
- 1796 Červená Lhota was bought by the Baron Ignác Stillfried, who offered a haven for the musician and composter K. Ditters of Dittersdorf.
- 1814 The castle chapel of the Holy trinity lost the status of filial church; castle chapel dissolved.
- 1820 Dominion bought by Jakub Veith.
- 1835 Červená Lhota bought by Heinrich Eduard Schönberg – Hartenstein.
- 1841-1863 Castle underwent Neogothic reconstruction, designed by builders J. Schaffer and J. Kocáb.
- 1901 An English park was established on the high ground above the lake.
- 1902-1910 Castle was rebuilt in Neorenaissance style with the assistance of architect Humbert Walcher of Moltheim.
- 1907 Priest Bedřich Kamarýt assisted in re-assigning the status of castle filial church to the chapel of the Holy Trinity.
- 1934 Family tomb of Schönburg-Hartenstein was established at Červená Lhota.
- 1945 Castle was confiscated on the basis of the Schönburg-Hartenstein family's Austrian nationality.
- 1946 A children's rehabilitation clinic was established at the castle.
- 1947 National Cultural Commission took administrative control of the castle.
- 1949 Castle was open to the public.